- Algae Identification Lab Guide by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Agri-Environment Services Branch:
- A Field Guide to Common Aquatic Plants of Pennsylvania by Bryan Swistock and Susan Boser:
- Managing Aquatic Vegetation by Ohio Department of Natural Resources:
- Pond Master Kit:
- Chemetrics Dissolved Oxygen (DO) Kit:
- Homemade Stream Sampling Equipment:
- Braig IV, Eugene Charles, Joseph Conroy, Frank Lichtkoppler, William Lynch, Jr., and Linda Merchant-Masonbrink. “Harmful Algal Blooms in Ohio Waters.” Ohio Sea Grant, January 1, 2011,
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB)-Associated Illness.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, July 2019,
- Lembi, “ Aquatic Plant Management.” Purdue Extension, May 2003,
- Levine, Ira A. and Joel Fleurence, editors. Microalgae in Health and Disease Prevention. London, San Diego, Cambridge and Oxford: Academic Press, 2018. Print.
- Nienaber, Mark and Miriam Steinitz-Kannan. A Guide to Cyanobacteria: Identification and Impact. Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 2018. Print.
- Ohio EPA. “Harmful Algae Blooms.” Ohio EPA,
- Perason, L, T. Mihali, M. Moffit, R. Kellman and B. Neilan. “ On the chemistry, toxicology and genetics of the cyanobacterial toxins, microcystin, nodularin, saxitoxin and cylindrospermopsin.” Mar Drugs. 2010 May 10; 8(5):1650-80.
- Rodgers, John H. “Algal Toxins in Pond Aquaculture.” Southern Regional Aquaculture Center, November 2008,