Nature is the best classroom!
What better place to learn about Earth's systems, resources, energy, and more than in the great outdoors? Boone County is home to to many parks, forests, fields, and streams, which offer great experiential learning opportunities for students. Our educators will work with teachers and field trip coordinators individually to create a customized field trip adapted to meet your students' physical and academic needs.
Read through the example field trip themes and locations below, and contact our education specialist for more information:
Conservation Education Specialist
859-586-7903 ext. 3
Did you know?
Spending regular time in natural areas has proven to:
- Increase creativity and concentration children
- Improve symptoms of asthma and attention deficit disorders
- Boost metabolism
- Increase amounts of Vitamin D
Improve your mood!
The following are examples of educational themes which work well in the outdoors. If you would like to see something else offered, our qualified staff can work with you to design the perfect outing for your students!
- Ecosystem dynamics
- Wildlife populations
- Experimental design and data collection
- Outdoor and leadership skills
- Biological Diversity
- Weather and climate
Field Trip Sites
Our education staff will work with you to select the right location for your students. Below are local Boone County parks and natural areas:
- Middle Creek Park
- Boone Woods Park
- Conservancy Park
- Central Park and Arboretum
- Boone Cliffs Nature Preserve
- Dinsmore Woods Nature Preserve
- Gunpowder Creek Nature Park