State Scholarship Opportunities
There are three scholarships available through the Kentucky Association of Conservation Districts. Information for 2023 scholarships will be posted when available.
2023 George Crafton Scholarship Packet for H.S. seniors
2023 Betty Barrick Scholarship Packet for non-traditional students
2023 Natural Resources Scholarship Packet for current college students
Boone County Conservation Scholarship
Applications for the Boone County Conservation District scholarship are available through the district office. Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to college students who are enrolled in a major related to the field of conservation.
Applicants must be Boone County residents. High school students planning to enter college in the fall of 2022, as well as students currently attending college, are eligible to apply. Applications must be submitted by March 14, 2023. Recipients will be notified by April 1.
- Applicant must be a Boone County resident.
- Must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll in the Fall 2023 semester of a college, university, or technical school.
- Applicant must be enrolled in or intend to enter a program of study directly related to natural resource conservation. This includes but is not limited to agriculture, biology, environmental studies, or geology.
- Applicants who are enrolled in a four-year program of study and are registered for a minimum of 12 hours per semester will be given preference.
- Applicants must have a grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
Recipient will be notified of selection by April 1.
- If for any reason the scholarship recipient does not attend college, the scholarship may be awarded to another qualified applicant.
- Scholarship money will be paid directly to the college or university, upon receipt of proof of enrollment. One half of the $1000 scholarship will be awarded for the first semester and the remainder will be awarded for the second semester, provided the student maintains a 3.0 or better grade point average for the first semester.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
- Read the list of requirements above.
- Complete the online application (below) before the deadline. Make sure to include:
- Most recent school transcripts
- Essay on career plans and intended field of study, and why you are applying for this scholarship. Please submit typewritten, double-spaced, on not more than two pages.
- Two letters of recommendation from school officials or community leaders, not to include relatives